Today, we had a guest speaker who works with Troy and she talked about how she became a nurse and how she did not like beside nursing, so advancing her degree to a BSN and then MSN has helped her go toward management positions. She worked as a bedside nurse for 20+ years, but did not want to do it her whole life, which is something I will need to consider since the physical labor associated with bedside nursing is not always an option as a person ages. Troy talked about his job in patient placement. In our regular class, we discussed strategic planning. That means that you plan with a goal in mind. We did a project with the goal of getting more patients to our facility and then we did another group activity suggesting ways to get people to our BSN program.
I got motivated to pursue my MSN during the first part of class. I currently don't like my job in psych nursing, but I hope that after a while, i will be able to determine which area of study I enjoy and then go into either an MSN or NP program. Right now, I would prefer to work while I figure all of that out since I haven't really enjoyed my nursing experience yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment