Reflect on the unit topic. Type the following in your Reflective Journal/Blog.
1. Share what you had expected to learn about the topic before the class.
2. What you actually learned from the unit.
3. How you will utilize the information learned in your nursing practice.
4. Your personal feelings about the material covered.
When finished with your entry, place one sentence in this assignment stating your Reflective Journal/Blog entry has been made.
Before class, I was expecting to discuss more in class our assignment about whether men or women make better leaders. I was also expecting to talk about traits that cause a person to be a more effective leader. I learned that I probably will not be a manger. It sounds awful and I value family time over work and money. I might change my mind one day, but I see what my managers are dealing with right now and I do not envy them. I also didn't know the chain of command, so that was interesting to see. We did talk about men and women leaders and the generalizations about men and women may be somewhat true, but we each have our strengths and it's best to decide on an individual basis. I enjoy being an RN right now because when I'm home, I'm home. I wondered why so many people are content to stay as "just an RN" but upper management are so busy and have so many responsibilities that it would start invading into their personal lives, and I do not want that for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment